Haiti Mission Trip
Maybe 2015 is the year you told yourself that you were going to do something BIG. Something of real significance. Something that would get you out of your comfort zone, for sure. Well, we have a great opportunity for you!
Did you know ...
* Haiti is the poorest country and the most densely populated (10,000,000 people) in the Western Hemisphere with an estimated annual per capita gross domestic product (GDP) of 390 U.S. dollars?
* A staggering 78% of Haitians live on less than $2 a day?
* Less than 20% of Haitians age 15 and over can read and write?
* 80% of the working age population is either unemployed or underemployed?
* Only 20% of Haitians have access to clean water?
* And that there are people who are bringing help and hope to the people of Haiti every day, and helping them find hope not only within themselves, but especially in a God who loves them and equips them for live and love in the world?
We at River of Grace are some of those people! We took our first mission trip to Haiti in April (click here to see a video!), and we take another in November of 2015. We will be hosted by the Village of Hope Lazarus Project about 40 miles outside of Port au Prince. Trips will cost approximately $900 (including air fare, almost all meals, and lodging). And we will not only get to help in a school and with building projects, we will also see many of the sights and glimpses of how people live their lives in Haiti.
It's a heart-changing trip for sure, and you can check out Village of Hope by visiting their website at www.villageofhopehaiti.org. The trip is only open to 14 people because of space constraints where we will be staying, so we ask that you let us know by September 1 if you would like to take part in the November trip.
We are grateful to pair up with other churches to be part of the hope and love that God is delivering to people in Haiti, and we also know that our hearts will be blessed and enriched as we bring lessons and love that the people teach us right back to serve the people of Prince William County where we will continue to grow in faith and serve our neighbors!
If you have any questions about this trip, please let Pastor Connie know. Please pray about taking part. Ask any questions you may have. And please consider how you might be blessed to be a blessing!